Below you will find my "birthday bucket list," which is a list of things (same number as my age) that I want to do before my next birthday. My birthday is September 7th, so that is my deadline! I will update this page as I do the things on this list, so check back periodically.
30 Things to do before I'm 31
1. Go to a new country - Went on a Cruise and visited Belize and Honduras for the first time!
2. take a cooking class
3. go to an art show- I went to see Rembrandt's etchings at the Arlington Museum of Art.
4. attend a yoga workshop
5. take a swimming class
6. visit a new city - I went to Winston-Salem, NC and visited Old Salem on OCT 1st 2011
7. get the military tattoo that I want - Tattoo Part 1
8. dye my hair pink (all of it!) - Surprise!!
9. learn a new art technique - I learned print making.
10. take a sign language class - I took ASL I, II and III
11. float down the Guadalupe Rive (This is a Texas Thing and I can't believe I've gone 30 years without doing it yet!)
12. go to McKinney Trade Days - I did this but I cannot find the blog post about it!
13. Read and art therapy/art education book
14. take an art class - Print making, Zentangles, Figure Drawing, Visual Journals 1, Visual Journals 2
15. go to a festival - Sanford Wine & Pottery Festival
16. read a yoga book
17. visit Kevin (Scheduled for May 19)
18. visit Lynn (Scheduled for end of May/beg of Jun)
19. go to the beach - Did this on my cruise
20. participate in a 5K race - Turkey Trot 5K with my Dad
21. take a dance or sports class - Took about half of a tennis class in June and just started another one on 1 SEP
22. participate in a craft show as a seller
23. learn a new skill - I learned about carving clay pieces
24. finish an entire art journal - I did this of course - I think maybe twice or 3 times.
25. learn at least 3 lettering styles - Not sure I learned 3 but, I did learn some new stuff from Joanne Sharpe and I got her lettering DVD which I need to watch!
26. go to a concert. Josh Turner Concert; WWE Tribute to the Troops
27. Develop a daily yoga practice (although that is what I wrote, I mean that I want to increase my yoga practice - if I miss some days its ok!)
28. Become a vegetarian (this shouldn't be hard for me because I've done it before and I have issues going days at a time not eating meat - it just means you have to have a well stocked kitchen/pantry - and I'm doing this for health reasons as well as not wanting to kill animals)
29. Work or Volunteer at a place or in a position that is related to my career goals. I Volunteered at Victory Junction Gang Camp for 70s Weekend, for Beach Weekend, for Luck of the Irish Weekend and for Silver Star Family Weekend!
30. Send a postcard to Postsecret
If you make your own list, I would love to see it, so feel free to share a link!